Friday, July 18, 2008

R2W 2008: Eizen's take on -SOCIAL BIOGRAPHY


Social biographies were a special turning point for me at R2W. When I first heard that we had to initially share our life-story, I was going through in my head what I should and should not say. I was afraid of the reactions that other people would make. However, the first day of social-biographies made me realize how close this group is going to be. When the first couple of people went up to share their social-biographies it made me rethink the things that I should share with the group. My experience sharing my social-biography was interesting in that, I opened up more to the R2W group than my own family members. By the end of the session, I saw the group becoming closer as my conversations with people became more intimate. Looking back on the experience, I miss having that openness that I had with people, because back at home I feel like I have to hold back from my family members. I am hoping one day that I will slowly open up to my family, and have a deep connecti!on likethe one I had at R2W.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.