Thursday, January 15, 2009

CLI Reflection by Grillena Jack


CLI is pretty cool. It’s short but also lets us know… to get straight to the point with the details to support it. Especially in those Critical Faith Sessions… It’s pretty hard. You really have to set your priorities of what you want to get done… I really appreciated the group plays because it gave us time to realize that there are so many things that can affect this one problem. Having different views of how the economic crisis could affect my job search gave me a bigger motivation to keep going. I’m glad I talked about it because I had a couple people that offered their help if I wanted to start another resume or who to use as a reference. But going to the retreat somehow motivated me to start getting things done. My main priority(s) right now are getting ready for college and job searching. Other than that… I thought staying in the Cameron house had a lot of meaning. Plus, talking with “the sister’s” from the women’s outreach program. It all connected. Women staying strong and getting back on their feet. Staying in the Cameron house gave a more family living space. Since we’re all on the same floor it made it easier to go to the next room and talk stories. I wouldn’t mind staying there again. The sister’s stories really got me more motivated to go get things done. Spending some extra time with them for lunch was good too. All together CLI really gave me time to think. It was overwhelming to tell my story and hear other stories because we only had a couple months but it sounded like our stories grew… some more complicated than others. I’m really glad that we had the opportunity to see each other again and talk stories.

No comments: